Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Honda Civic 1.4i, low miles, perfect run-about. £950

Neil_K

New baby requires new car with more doors. Therefore my ever trusty Civic sadly has to go ☹️

Honda Civic 1.4i Fusion, 3 door hatch. 1999 T reg EK model, this is the 3 door Honda car, not the rebadged 5 door Rover based Civic.

I bought it in October 2004 as a temporary run-around while I saved for a house, but it has been so good I've kept it ever since. One old-lady owned before me.

Silver 'Fusion' special edition

1.4l petrol, manual

Only 58k miles

Full Service History

Cambelt and water pump changed earlier this year.

Will be sold with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax

Both keys present

All paperwork etc.

£950 for a blatchatter

Located in Surrey, SM7

I bought as I wanted something cheap to run, and it really has not disappointed. Tax is cheap and it sips fuel the extent that a friend borrowed it and thought the needle was broken.

Other than replacing the cambelt and water pump this year as a precaution, the only costs it has incurred me are a few cheap tyres, brake pads, an exhaust box and a battery in 7 years.

Cosmetically it is not perfect on the outside. There are few bumper scrapes and general signs of age but no dents. Interior is fine however, never smoked in, no pets etc.

Mechanically, the car is perfect. No known faults, everything works as it should. Manual windows, no sunroof so little to actually leak or go wrong. With the rear seats down in 'van' mode it can swallow more than my Dad's 5 series estate boot.

This car is as close to free motoring as you can get - which is why I have kept it for so long. Never failed to start, never needed repairing and lengthens my visits to the petrol station. Perfect functional runabout for someone. *thumbup*

Looks like this (but mine is not yet advertised)

Edited by - Neil_K on 22 Sep 2011 14:09:36