Click here if you are having website access problems ×

petrol pump nozzle not fitting in filler

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

I have fitted on of these here

The 'bend' on the internal part of the fuel filler will not allow me to put fuel pump in far enough to open the return flap- hence having to use funnel which takes for ever...have I fitted something in correctly?

*thumbup*

Rog

Nope - you have fitted correctly - fuel nozzles don't fit unless you knock the sprung loaded flap out of the neck. I always carried a spare plastic 5l can in the boot and used the nozzle off this can to help me fill via the aluminium fuel filler - a right pain in the neck (no pun inteded).

I agree. This so well reported as being a poor piece of kit yet CC just keep churning them out.

It must be really disappointing to buy an expensive item that adds unnecessary weight and complexity which when installed also has poor funtionality.

Triple *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown* fail for this gismo.

Peter

Quoting diggerman: 
As I reported before Caterham admit to supplying fuel fillers that are too small. Speak to Sean at Dartford and he will supply you with one that looks identical but fits all pumps. THERE IS NO NEED TO REMOVE THE FLAP,

PeterC

...but removing the flap costs less than buying another component! *tongue*

• Leadership Team

having been a member of this club for several years, you'd think I'd remember to use the search function a little more *redface*

spent a good hour or so reading through various posts.

PeterC - I bought my whole new assembly from CCM in c.June 2010 after a rear end rebuild. I do need to check that I've fitted mine with the large cut out at 12 o'clock

will give Sean a call

*thumbup*