Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Honda CRF230 Enduro Bike

Roger Ford

2006 Honda CRF230 trail /enduro bike like these, but much cheaper!

This is a fairly serious enduro/trail bike, much respected for it's light weight and agility, if not its outright power. Has had forks upgraded and a better exhaust (original parts retained).

It has basic lights and horn fitted to make it road legal (ish) and used to have an MOT though it's now SORNed.

Hasn't run in a couple of years, and needs a new battery. Shouldn't be any issues otherwise.

I need the space in my garage for the complete rebuild it looks like I need to do on the car. Will accept £1000 minus the cost of a battery.

I'm going to be away for three weeks from Thursday, but if anyone is interested before I'm back arrangements can be made via her indoors. I'm happy to make conditional arrangements with any genuine BCers - you can take the bike away, fettle it, if there are any issues return it and we'll sort out any expenses, or else if you're not in a hurry I'll get a new battery and get it running when I get back.

Edited by - Roger Ford on 13 Sep 2011 13:59:33

Roger,

I'm tempted

I've got a WR which is good but have always fancied a CRF

How much work / mileage has it done, is it elec start, was it properly maintained when running and would you consider it to be in a reasonably useable order with a new battery and lube etc or would it require more to pass MOT and be ridden?

Any pics and has it got bash plate and hand guards?

Oh and where is the bike located? (I have a trailer)

My email if easier is sandy dot sanders at ntlworld dot com

Hi Sandy - couple of people interested already but I'll answer the questions:

> How much work / mileage has it done

For a start it's 2004, not 2006. But it's not had a lot of use. My guess is that it's done 5 - 10 enduros and a few green lane trips, and that's about it.

> is it elec start,

Yes

> was it properly maintained when running and would you consider it to be in a reasonably useable order with a new battery and lube etc or would it require more to pass MOT and be ridden?

> Yes, it was originally owned by a fastidious friend, then sold to another friend who didn't get on with it. Too "skittery" according to him - he preferred his DR-400-engined Beta which would plough through anything. I rode both, much prefered the CRF, and bought it off him.

It should pass an MOT straight away with a suitably friendly MOT place (the lights aren't E-marked, not sure if there's a dip). Mechanically it's all sound.

> Any pics and has it got bash plate and hand guards?

Pic here when I got it. It does have bash plate and hand guards, as well as a "pulling out of bogs" rope and a tool bag.

> Oh and where is the bike located? (I have a trailer)

*arrowleft* Twickenham.