Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

7" CXR offset for front AP Brakes ?

Ben Fung

As the subject suggests.

Searching BC I've noticed a range for the offset is ET18-20 for 7" wheels, but doesn't mention if this is for the standard front calipers or for the uprated calipers.

I've got the big front AP brake calipers that come with an R400 and wanted to confirm if anyone has a set of 7" front CXR's on these and what offset they're running.

• Area Representative

Rob,

If you have ET15 wheels and they foul the wing stays, then you need to go to a smaller ET value.

If an MB wheel were made up to 7" with a 5" inner and 2" outer, then ist ET value would be ET13 (but then the normal front MB with 215 Kumho's is 7.5" with a 5" inner and 2.5" outer, which gives an offset value of ET6)

Ben,

If you were to specify 7" CRX's with ET18-20, then they would be slightly more inset than the standard caterham wheels, and may cause issues with wingstay clearance.

ET13 would closely match the tyre to stay clearance that you'd get with standard 6" wheels.

Thanks guys it's looking like a smaller ET is needed.

Rob - I've got the standard wingstays (non-CSR) and they look different so the clearance may be different.

I'd rather avoid bending the wing stays and get the correct size if possible, but out of curiosity where do the wing stays need to be bent, wouldn't bending them mean the wings tops no longer be level?

Castrada - If I opt to bend the wing stays how much would you want for the wheels (postage to London) and what colour are they?