Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Supersport cams and MEMS ECU

KenEvans

I'm sure there's somebody out there who would love to spend a Saturday fitting my Supersport cams and MEMS ECU to their 110BHP K series. It would go so much better with 138BHP you know.

The cams had only done 7000 miles on synthetic oil before upgraditis set in.

The problem is I need to retain the immobiliser and plipper.

So if you can see a way around this then I'll happily sell them for the knock down price of £400!!

Ken

Ken

Might be interested. Only probs are: 1) Got to enquire how much a new immobiliser is

2) My K series is the older 110bhp with the cast ali induction.. don't think that the supersport kit is for this induction system,... any ideas on compatibility??

*tongue* he's a cheesy geezer *tongue*

Well at least that's ONE thing nice about them Vanessa.eh? eh? *wink*

The thing is Dannyboy - I think MEMS ECUs and immobilisers come as a matched set unless somebody would like to correct me. I'm not at all sure that you can buy a new one and expect it to work.

Perhaps we could swap immobilisers because I think the Emerald ECU can configure itself to different ones.

I have no idea regarding compatability of the Supersport kit with the earlier engine - but bearing in mind that the injection and airflow characteristics are probably different then the MEMS map won't be quite right.

Ken *smile*