Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2 Reading Festival Friday tickets + car park - ANY OFFERS PLEASE? as last day to post...

madmaninshed

Two official Reading Festival Friday 26th August paper tickets plus a car park pass. Cost £194.25 total. Would like **£150 ** but will consider any sensible offers.

Line-up includes:-

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE - THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS - THE OFFSPRING - DEFTONES

RISE AGAINST - BRING ME THE HORIZON - NEW FOUND GLORY - THE BLACKOUT

ARCHITECTS - BEADY EYE - WHITE LIES - NOAH AND THE WHALE - THE VACCINES

METRONOMY - PATRICK WOLF - THE NAKED AND FAMOUS - MONA - MILES KANE

FRANKIE & THE HEARTSTRINGS - PULLED APART BY HORSES - UNKLE SOUNDS

SBTRKT (DJ set) - SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO - NERO (DJ set) - SUB FOCUS (LIVE)

DEVLIN - CRYSTAL FIGHTERS - MOUNT KIMBIE - DOES IT OFFEND YOU, YEAH?

D/R/U/G/S - THE HORRORS - DIGITALISM - TOM VEK - WHITE DENIM - ANNA CALVI

THE ANTLERS - FOSTER THE PEOPLE - CEREBRAL BALLZY - DRY THE RIVER -

ROYAL BANGS - THE COMPUTERS - ISLET - MINI MANSIONS - CHERRI BOMB - GENERAL FIASCO - DON BROCO - MILK MAID - THESE FURROWS - KIRK SPENCER - CLOCK OPERA

THIS BOY WONDERS - A GENUINE FREAKSHOW - THE MINUTES - THE BRONZE MEDAL

CIRCLES - HEART-SHIPS

Edited by - madmaninshed on 23 Aug 2011 18:34:27

Edited by - madmaninshed on 24 Aug 2011 08:08:26

I had a look at this out of curiosity and I do not know one of all those bands listed above *eek* *rolleyes*

Must be maturity creeping in 😬

Last time I went to Reading was the Monsters of Rock in 1981 with ACDC, VanHalen and others... *smokin*

Hope you sold the package - a good deal with parking *thumbup*

Hi wile7, I don't know many of them either. My other half wanted to see the Offspring. In the end we went....what a crap venue, with one of the worst sound systems ever, deep in mud. We had terrible expensive Mexican food that was binned, and were then woken in the car park at 4am and moved on by security. Never again!! I'm pleased nobody bought the tickets because I wouldn't wish that on anyone. *thumbdown*

Sorry to hear of your experience. We are off tomorrow, Sunday to see Muse, Elbow and Tim Minchin in particular. Well, we are off as long as my partner remembers what she did with the tickets. She told me they are safe as they are definitely "in the house". So that narrows it down then!

I wondered about the mud given how heavy the rain has been. We are now forewarned, thanks.

I think some of these festivals have outgrown their roots and try to do too much on the old venues. Too crowded, too small and too expensive.

Now I'm begining to sound like my parents 😳

Edited by - velocityblade on 27 Aug 2011 21:36:01

Festivals are all about making money - which I can understand but a lot of them take the p1ss, especially with the food which is usually massively overpriced and awful.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

Enjoy it if you go, velocityblade - Tim Minchin should be good, he's a top bloke.

Thankfully little rain and the mud in the main area was drying up. With the prior knowledge we took food and found a slot near a speaker stack. Tim Minchin on top form. Muse? Brilliant. Probably the best festival show I've seen and I've been going since the early 70's. Yep, better than the Who, Zepplin Stones and probably U2