Click here if you are having website access problems ×

’57 reg Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 TDi Altitude

Racingshoe

I’m offering for sale my beloved VW Touareg 4x4. It is the top spec ‘Altitude’ trim level, with the best engine option – the 3.0 TDi with 224bhp and a mountain of torque. This is the facelifted 2007-on model with 2300 improvements (according to VW) over the original model. I’ve owned it for 2 years and can honestly say that it is the best tintop i've ever had. The reason for selling is that after working abroad for 3 years I’m now back in the UK, and my mileage will be higher than originally expected in the future.

Current mileage is 49,500. Car will be sold with 12-months MOT and new front brake pads. It is still under a fully-comprehensive VW warranty until November. This is transferrable to the new owner, and given the mileage it will be renewable as well. It was bought from Heritage VW in Bristol as an approved used VW with 1 previous owner.

Spec as follows:

Black metallic pearl paint, with Autoglym Lifeshine 10-year protection*

19’ alloy wheels with recent tyres all round

Full leather upholstery (black)

DVD sat nav with full European mapping.

Cruise control

Parking sensors front & rear

Automatic gearbox with tiptronic function & sports mode

Low-ratio for offroad use (if that’s your thing)

Dual-zone climate control

Folding electric door mirrors

Steering wheel controls for cruise, stereo etc

Colour driver’s display with multi-function computer

Privacy glass from B-pillar back

Fitted mats

6-disc CD changer, 2 tuners, lots of speakers and factory iPod aux-in

Space saver spare wheel (never used), and 12v tyre inflator

Witter swan-neck removable towbar (fitted by Bath VW)

Lots of nice interior mood lighting !

There’s even a button for turning off the steering wheel control back-lighting

The Altitude trim gives deeper bumpers and some improvements in the styling over the SE models.

Given the reputation that SUVs have these days, this has been a dream to own. The VW badge means I never get the sort of abuse that other 4x4 owners report, and with cruise set on a motorway run I can get an average of 33mpg. With a full tank of diesel a 650 mile range is to be expected. Towing the 7 gives a 1mpg impact, and the torque means that the trailer is easily handled. I towed a Brian James RS3 race-shuttle through the snow last winter, and got up A and B roads where people were stranded and abandoning their cars. It is a very capable vehicle.

*I’ve also had the car detailed, and the paint correction has removed any swirl marks that were present. Finish is better than the factory! 2 coats of carnauba wax have been recently applied, and the Autoglym treatment has a 10-year warranty on the interior leather and carpets as well.

Prices seem variable looking at Autotrader with dealers wanting between 20k for a 65k mile example and 22.5k for a 41k mile car. This is obviously a private sale, so somewhere in the region of 19,850 would be appreciated. I’m in no particular rush to sell so won’t be taking notice of any silly offers. This car deserves to be taken seriously *thumbup*

I live in Bristol, but can be in the Reading/Bracknell area during working hours given a bit of notice.

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by - racingshoe on 18 Aug 2011 18:46:42