Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Starting racing for first time in 2012

hawkesy

Hi all I am looking at taking my 1.6k Roadsport racing for the first time next year. Never raced before and was considering the Academy, but as I already have a car thought it made more sense to just give it a go. I know what I have to do for car prep (mostly!) and myself re licence, but I am not sure what race series to consider? I can see there are a few different options nationally - does anyone have any advice? Chris

I've never raced, but if your heart is set on it good luck.

However, have you considered sprinting and hillclimbing as an alternative. I started 3 years ago and thoroughly enjoy it. It is very addictive and competitive. If you're interested why not come along to the Club's event at Curborough in Lichfield Staffordshire over the August Bank Holiday weekend. They'll be events on both Saturday and Sunday.

Just a thought

Try CSCC Magnificent Sevens (events across the country) and SEMSEC (events at Ltdden and Brands). Both are designed to encompass a wide range of sevens in varying classes without being too stringent about spec as is seen in things like Graduates, Super Grads, Roadsport A etc etc. I have raced in both and they are good fun, not too serious and fairly gentlemanly (ie not much contact, unlike some of the single spec races).