Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

check list before mapping session

jackb_ms

Hi

I am having my engine mapped tomorrow. It's a rebuilt VVC DVA special on RB run by an Emerald.

The engine has done max 100miles.

I have changed oil, oil filter, check coolant, tyre pressure set at 18psi, there is no oil leak or coolant leak *smile* and a tank full (54ltr *eek*) of fuel.

I took the car out and apart from the speedo which stopped working *mad* and dodgy handbrakes everything is ok.

Is there anything else I need to check before going?

Cheers

Jack

I've always found Silva compasses very good and a waterproof cover to stop the paper going soggy if it's raining. *smile*

Seriously though, if the car is in good order, little specific prep is required.

I'd have a look at things like full thottle being achieved - no point in paying £xxx/hr for tinkering with stuff like that.

Your own ear plugs/defenders for comfort.

Camera to record the event.

Where are you heading for? Let us know how it goes!

Cheers

P

I went to Emerald's RR last week. You've done the basics like checking oil & coolant. Dave or one of his staff will stop periodically to let the car cool down between sets of runs, so there are periods of checks all through the day.

I was expecting the car to get a hammering during the mapping session, but the periods of high-rev thrashing were minimised. Take a camera and enjoy it.

If you're there for a full mapping session, take a book or magazine as it can take a while.

Also - take time to glance over the twin-turbo RX-7 with chevvy v8 power that Dave is building - it has a lot of power *smokin*

Cheers for the adices chaps

However I'm not going to see Dave.

I am going to a company Btec Racing who maps the car modified and in some case made by a company local to me Frontline Development.

The specilality of Frontline is to fit K series of all flavour (even supercharged) into MGhere

Well the only issue I have is that I don't have a video camera. ☹️

JAck

I am please to announce that my engine which started life producing only 145bhp in 1996 and a defined forgotten amount of torque is now producing 182.2bhp @ 7014 at 144.8lbf @ 6044rpm.

I have achieved my objective of 100bhp per ltr 😬

The next objectif is to sort the suspensions.

How does it compared to your engine Dave

Jack

drivability is exelent, i.e. I can cuising in 5th down to 30mph press the accelerator and off we go.

I had a longer first fitted which help town driving,

2nd and 3rd are the playing gears

You are welcom to take it for a spin next time we meet

Jack