Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rollcage

AndrewGP

I'm after an rollcage for my car, the style that has the two D hoops in the top and that slants backwards where the windscreen would be. I believe this is an SLR cage?

It's for 2001 imperial superlight chassis and black would be great.

Image* http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/duranail/mods/at_brands2.jpg

Many thanks to whoever owns the image, but I found it on google, honest 😬

i tried ages for a second hand one and failed. there are two types of SLR cage one fits on brackets through the scuttle, this is an earlier safety devices cage, now obsolete as they informed me they had lost the jigs. there is then the caged version which bolts through the chassis tubes below the scuttle. there are two version if bought new, one with mirror mounts and the caterham cars one without. new ones with mirror mounts are arount £700 in most colours plus the dreaded VAT . check that you have the bosses in your chassis for the bar you buy as this can be an expensive job if done correctly. some pic here of how i fitted mine may help undestanding of fitment here mine is the caged version, the pic you have posted is the safety devices version.

here

Edited by - k.russell on 9 Aug 2011 21:24:21

Hi Kevin,

sorry for the late reply, I've been away on business.

I had no idea there were two types of SLR cage though! Your photos are quite an eye opener too; I naively thought it was a simple job to bolt it on. The fact that you had so much trouble finding one second hand is also disappointing as I thought there were quite a few about. I'm assuming you bought yours new in the end?

I'll still hold out to see if one comes up but if not I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy one new 😔

• 2 weeks later...