Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Low level tyre rack and jerry can box for BJ Minno/Clubman

Matthew Willoughby

I have for sale the tyre rack and jerry can box off my Brian James Clubman 950 trailer. The tyre rack takes 4 wheels/tyres and the box holds 3 jerry cans. It will fit any BJ trailer with a bed width of 165cm and is bolted to the side of the trailer using pre-drilled holes.

In very good condition. Available after next weekend.

£170

You can see it in the picture below. Sorry for the poor photograph - better ones will follow once I've taken it off the trailer.

Tyre rack photo

Sorely tempted. Just need to check if it will fit on the tilt bed - mine's a 165, so the right width.

Does the box intrude into the load space at all (the 21 is a bit longer than a 7)? how far beyond the original load bed does it extend (towards the hitch).

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures this evening before it got dark but in its current position on my trailer the jerry can box extends back about 2" over the trailer bed. If it was any further forward I wouldn't be able to turn the jockey wheel handle without repositioning it.

Proper measurements and photos to follow.

Sorry - been away.

Really bad news - my trailer died a horrible death after an emergency stop (foreign truck scary nightmare) on the northbound M6 yesterday morning. 2 axle replacement - cost was prohibitive, so I've had to part company with it.

Had to get it, and the 21 that was on it recovered to Mav's house :-(

Didn't do my blood pressure or my bank balance much good. 21 was ok, as was towcar. Was 2nd emergency stop in 6 hours of driving - first was a beemer at a roundabout, 2nd was the truck trying to pull out on me.

Collapsed 3 wheel bearings - one of which welded itself to the stub axle and the other ripped the front stub axle to bits.

RAC won't recover trailers from the motorway on their policies - just to a "place of safety" so had to pay truck to take me onwards.

Then got the 21 to mav's and over for its MOT. Over to towbar and caravan centre who diagnosed the problems (I agree with their diagnosis) so i had 3 options - get 500 cash for the salvage on the trailer, trade it in for £840 against another trailer, or get it repaired for £1000+ :-(

I am now the proud owner of an Ifor Williams trailer that's just the right size. Paid £700 for it.

So - good news and bad.

Trade in of £840 for a trailer that needed two new axles? What trade would they give you on one that's in good condition? I ask as I quite fancy a new spangly trailer with light slide-in ramps rather than the heavy ones I've got and if I got trade in of >£1,000 I could easily be tempted.

Jez

PS Matt - sorry for the highjack. I guess it at least keeps the thread at the top ...