Click here if you are having website access problems ×

AP 4-pot uprated rear brakes & Spa/Racetech mirrors

Griff

Hi,

I have a Rear Uprated Brake Kit (as seen here on the Caterham Parts website). These don't have a handbrake mechanism but I also have a brand new pair of HiSpec spot calipers (here) that need a simple bracket to make them into a working handbrake. I've also heard of others swapping back to the standard setup for the MoT if that's an issue.

In the end and lacking time (my perpetual problem) I've opted to revert to a standard rear brake setup. The only thing not included from the Caterham kit is the rear wheel bearings. The discs are still good with some normal wear, likewise rear pads still have about 50% of life in them.

Taking off some for the bearings and condition, I'm looking for under half new price for the AP brakes and a bit more than half for the for the brand new spot calipers:

AP 4-pot rear kit (minus bearings) @ £894 from Caterham, offered at £400

Hispec spot calipers (brand new pair with pads) @ £160 from HiSpec, offered at £120

Also I have a set of Spa mirrors - wide centre mirror (flat glass) with a bracket to suit roll cage mounting (some surface rust on this) but excluding the "pillar" for mounting on the scuttle, which can be bought from Spa. Plus a pair of convex side mirrors which would fit aeroscreen but I also have the cage fitting U-bolts too. These mirrors are fluorescent yellow with some marks and scuffs from racing but still very useable. In boring black these sell for around £140 for the set so am looking for £70.

Last but not least I have a Racetech small centre mirror, black with flat glass similar to this except a single bolt for fixing and adjusting angle. There are some very slight marks at the edge of the glass but otherwise vgc. £15 for this one.

All prices plus postage. Photos available when I get a moment - blatmail me if you're interested. I could also deliver to Castle Combe on 15th or 26th August when I'm doing track days there.

Cheers,

Mike