Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Roll bar dimensions

tbird

Any of you good people out there with a CSR or SV with FIA Roll over Bar fitted

If you are playing in the garage in the next few days, and have a moment to spare could you measure the width and height of the space inside the roll bar (does that make sense)

ie if you wanted to fit a mesh screen (draught excluder) inside the roll bar what dimensions would it need to be

cheers

Tim

Tim,

the horizontal measurement (inside of bar to inside of bar opposite side) is 92cms on the FIA bar on my SV. Thats measured horizontally just above the boot cover.Note that the distance between the bars is slightly less at the top (they aren't exactly vertical they slope inwards towards the top). The vertical measurement is 33cms from the inside of the top bar to the top of the boot cover. HTH.

FWIW I have a SBFS draught excluder, keeps out draughts and spray under recent monsoon test!

Mark.

CheersMark

that's just what I needed, the Mesh I am looking at comes in 1m x 1.2 mtr pieces, just wanted to check I just needed 1 piece (tight-wad), actually that means I can get two out of one piece. Its amazing how small our little cars are, even SVs 😬

Thanks for taking the Time

Tim

Edited by - tbird on 7 Aug 2011 21:55:39