Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Annodising

paul jacobs

I want to change the colour of my silencer heat shield from natural ali. to black, is this just a simple matter of finding someone local who can annodise ali. or is there more to it than that. Any idea what sort of cost it would entail? Obviously if it is too costly, there is the option of buying a new black one from Caterham.

Paul.

As per Paul's last post *arrowup* simply remove the shield by undoing the large clips and powdercoat it - shouldn't cost more than £10-20.00, if the powdercoaters in question are already doing a batch of black often they'll include another small-ish item like this for even less.

Pierson

• Area Representative

Are they powder coated from new by CC?

Yes

edited to add - you do realise powder coating is cured in an oven, so no problems with heat.

Edited by - Paul Richards on 29 Jul 2011 21:12:18

I believe most anodisers charge a minimum amount, usually between £50 and £60. I'm sure if you have a word with your local company they will tell you the minimum cost. You can then either bite the bullet and pay it just to get the correct finish. Alternatively you could see if several people have items they would like anodising and then split the cost between you.