Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Harewood camping/accommodation.....

Sgt Pepper

Having managed plenty of practice at hillclimbing in the Swiss Alps earlier this month 😬, it's time for another trip to Harewood. So, what are most people doing, camping at the circuit or staying in local B&Bs?

If camping, is anyone BBQing or are you all planning on visiting the local hostelries for food on Saturday night? Any recommendations for B&Bs?

Chris, I know a number are camping. In past years the B&Bers have been at the Swan and Talbot in Wetherby. When I tried to book they didn't have much left, so it could well be full of sprinters. Team Custard are at the Royal Oak, further along the same road as the Swan.Wetherby has the Wetherby Whaler (v. famous fish and chipper), plus a very good curry house next to the Swan.

Having camped at Llys-y-Fran and Epynt (and survived) this season, I'm taking my crowd-pleasing '2-Second Tent' to Harewood. If the weather is OK, I'll probably take a camping stove, and cook the Grand Prix driver's supper of pasta, with a light sauce. Then ruin it on Sunday morning with a bacon butty.

I camped at Harewood several years ago, and it was quite civilised, among the motorhomes in the trailer park. See you there.

Paul