Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Marshal's Sprint - Entry Form

GrahamV

I don't think that there has been one e-mailed Graham, the form was in the last edition of Lowflying; but looking at your current location (which I see is improving geographically and in terms of GDP)you wont have this. Sorry but I did not keep a copy so can not scan it for you, but Iam sure that Sam would e-mail you one - Simon is on hols.

• Area Representative

Graham,

I received an email from Sam on 21st July with regs for the Marhals sprint on the Saturday of the Curborough weekend.

If you haven't had it, blatmail you email address, and I'll forward it.

Thanks both .... Sam's e-mail would have been gone to my personal e-mail account - i'll look for it when I get home tomorrow.

I've already entered the club event on the Sunday and want to get my entry off for the Marshal's event this weekend - I've got withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks again,

G *wavey*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

Yes - Sam sent out the form on the 21st with the following message. I'm glad to say that the balance between Caterham and Westfield has improved significantly but we still need to get as many entries as possible to help defend the inter-club challenge cup!

Michael.

--------------------------------------------------

The Curborough Marshals Sprint is once again being held on the Saturday before the main L7 Club event, so although results will not count towards our championship, this will be an excellent opportunity for some sneaky practice.

Just in case this is not enough of a carrot to attend, not only are entrants directly supporting the Marshals Club, (people without whom we would be unable to compete at all) but this will be the second running of the Inter-Club Challenge, pitting us against the Westfield Sports Car Club.

Last year, some excellent driving (and it has to be said, our strength in numbers) meant that the Lotus 7 Club proudly took home the trophy. The Westfield Club are obviously deeply miffed by this, as they have now made this event a championship round on their calendar to ensure the largest possible turnout and try to snatch the trophy back. As before, respective Club performances will be calculated relative to class records.

So, it is up to each of us to do our duty and fight to retain what is rightfully ours! At present, Westfield entries outnumber L7 by nearly 3 to 1 – please help redress the balance by completing the attached application form…

As well as the main on-track action, there will be some “extra” activities designed to allow Mark Durrant the chance to avenge his mauling by the Westfield Club chairman at last year’s inaugural event (see last month’s Low Flying for the photo).

Edited by - Mcalvert on 11 Aug 2011 09:46:49