Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

zetec throttle cable bracket

Molecular--Bob

What are the zetec converts using for a throttle cable bracket, just found out that the old one doesn't fit as the carbs are closer together. May get it welded and redrill, but i will need to flaten the tube a bit to get a flat to drill through.

Pictures would be helpful if anyone has anything.

Hi Bob *wavey*,

It's fairly straightforward to modify the original x/flow one with a butane gas torch and bit of patience.

Depends whether you want the "I did that" feeling or the "Christmas already?" feeling *tongue* 😬

Regards,

Giles

I am a Glasgow/North Yorkshire hybrid, so i have a natural hatred of spending money when a large hammer will give me a similar outcome. i have seen a modified one that was just redrilled, but the flats on that one were longer, so the bolt head had somewhere to flat against, where as on mine one of them would be into round tube at one edge.

Did you just bend the bracket to fit, or did you use the heat to beat a longer flat into the tube and then drill it? other option is to cut both legs and reweld to the correct length.

As a fellow North Yorkshire man, I share the same sentiment. Why waste hard earned brass!

I heated the tube at the cable stop and bent it in a vice. However you have to alter the angle of the cable stop very slightly so the cable pulls straight.

I didn't think of increasing the flat tube. To be honest that might be easier but it only took me about 10mins to alter it.

Regards,

Giles

• 3 months later...

Had to give up on my bent bracket, just couldn't get a smooth action with it, so have bought the lp4000 weber underslung linkage.

my next question is which carb did you fit it to, Front with long cables, or Rear and a very short cable run?

Any pictures would be very helpful as well.

Cheers

Ian B

🙆🏻 Just about to sell my LP4000 as I'm converting from Webers to Jenveys and it won't fit. Could have saved you a few pennies...... *rolleyes*

It's still attached to the rear carb (short cable run) so I'll try and take a photo tomorrow when out in the garage fitting the Jenveys 😬

Molecular Bob,

Photos below show fitting to the carbs, sorry none of 'in-car' installation.

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/49258/2463527320104747924S425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/48731/2638921370104747924S425x425Q85.jpg

Hopefully all self-explanatory...... With regard to fitting the block onto the top of the pedal, I drilled another hole in the front of the pedal box and then bent the top of the pedal so that it was central to the 2 cables holes IYSWIM.

Zetec, yhm *thumbup*

Ian,

Re pictures, might be worth going into your profile and ensuring that the picture/photo box is checked. Even if it is just re-save and that might resolve it?

I carefully removed the cable housing 'ends' (sorry don't know the techie term) and then re-attached them to the cut down bits. These just sat nicely in the cable adjusters on their own.

If you want to blat mail me your address I'll email photos over.