Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Unused caterham adjustable platforms

caterhamnut

yep - front and rear, all 4.

The full story is that we assumed we would need them to fiddle with the handling on our car. After ordering them, we noticed the position of the rear radius arms was in the 'comfort' position. We moved these and the car now feels very sorted, so we figured we would leave the platforms for now. I was going to keep the platforms, but want to finance an FIA bar and apollo tank.

They should fit actually, but it looks like the spring ' platforms' will be very tight on some of the suspension components on our car. Our springs are currently a smaller diameter than the new ones we got - the bigger diameter platforms and springs look like they will be very tight (our car is '96 vintage)

I need to check at home exactly what I am talking about, and get a better description of why they may be a b*gger to fit on our car!

😬26,000 miles in 13 months! *cool* *thumbup*

angus@tinyworld.co.uk

Thats right mav, and we have the narrow diameter springs at the moment. We were changing too wider diameter springs. It is the platform bit - the turned ali disc - which looks like it will interfere on our wishbones. Our shocks are mounted on the same bolt as the front top wishbone, as opposed to later modles where the shock has its own mounting point. This makes it all a bit tight around the top of the shock. Its difficult to explain, but as the car handles pretty well right now on the road and track we thought we would leave well alone for now.

😬26,000 miles in 13 months! *cool* *thumbup*

angus@tinyworld.co.uk