Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tyres etc

Stef

What is the favourite tyre and wheel combination for class 1, is it still 15 inch scudo stunners,

Also, does everyone run witout a windscreen?

I'm intending to compete as a novice next year and, while its a bit premature, thought I could start looking out for a few bits to spread the cost

Thanks

Stef.

• Area Representative

Stef,

Yes, 15" Stunner Scudo's are still the tyre of choice in class 1/2, but I understand that they're getting difficult to get these days.

The championship regulations state that you can remove the windscreen, but must replaceit with an aeroscreen of some sort. Most folks do run with an aeroscreen.

Stef,

I think the majority of us in class 1 run A539s on 13 inch rims. Aeroscreens don't make much of a difference on the hill-climbs, but do give a small advantage on some of the circuit sprints.

It is certainly worth posting for bits in the wanted section - I got most of the bits I needed to start the championship that way, including helmet, wheels and racesuit.

Beware - It is very addictive! *smile*

PaulB

Edited by - magister on 10 Jul 2011 22:15:12

Stef,

why not have a blat upto Harewood hill climb on the 6th or 7th of August and come and have a chat. Will probably give you a few idea's.

Also keep an eye out for the intro to sprinting, if it's running next year.

Deffinatly worth getting involved and having a go.

Cheers, i would love to go to harewood but am otherwise engaged.

Will definitely look out for the sprinting day.

Basically just want to gather as many bits and pieces over time as i can rather than buying it all in one go.

Although it sounds as though i'll only need different tyres, a perspex aeroscreen and race suit/gloves etc.

And with the tyres, there seem to be a number of posts suggesting that the regs may change, so maybe i should hang on for those.

Stef - there is always the clubs day at curborough at the bank holiday (sunday) August as well *thumbup*

Graham - i think the jury is still out on the ZZRs...personally i like them compared to the previously 3 year old V70s I had been using,

for me they are more consistent per run on the day, whereas the V70s might have the edge on ultimate grip...

My 2 penneth

currently got A021Rs for the road and fairly worn CR500s for the track. Both on 13inch rims.

I'll want to keep both so wouldnt be adverse to buying another set of rims for sprinting. So 15inch wouldn't be a problem if Stunners are the preferred option..... other than that the rims seem to be harder to come by and more expensive!

• Support Team

Stef

If you want to go the stunner route, i've got a spare set of four Prisoner wheels (15" - no tyres fitted) that I used for sprinting. Let me know if you're intersted, they're cluttering up my garage now *wavey*

Rob