Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Well done - all at Lydden

paul.davis

Could it have been any better *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* 🤔. I want to thank everyone for an another incident free Club Trackday 😬 😬 😬 , all the more remarkable because only 6 out of the 72 of us had been there before and we had at least a dozen Trackday (ex) virgins - many of whom came up afterwards to say how much they had enjoyed the day - hooked!! *tongue*.

I was really impressed with the circuit management too, 2 Ambulances, the best Resuscitation unit I have seen on a Trackday, plenty of marshals with good Flag signals, and an efficient recovery vehicle (used for mechanical failure only - sorry Richard!!), good paddock communications and very efficient sessioning. Spectators also had a great view of the whole circuit, and the atmosphere seemed very friendly. and it was SUNNY! *cool* *cool* *cool*

What I would like to know is - what did YOU think - should we try again next year or was the circuit too short for you?? 🤔 🤔

Paul

Zeeeeeeetec . . . . . .

Thanks to Paul and all who organised a great day at Lydden *thumbup* *thumbup*.

I had just a brilliant time, new circuit, put loads of faces to BlatChat handles and to cap it all I very nearly lost it at Paddock - but didn't - that late afternoon sun is a reall bugger - lost my turn-in point and went well wide on the slippy stuff 😬.

Let's have another one (McLaren permitting) next year *biggrin*.

Thanks again 😬 😬 😬 😬

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell

Paul (and all the others) thanks for another great track day.

Yes would like to do it again.

Only observation: - unlike other trackdays I have done, there was no significant gap between the cars when joining the track at the beginning of each session. The consequence early in the day was as I was trying to learn the course, I had more eyes on my mirrors than I have experienced before. Speed is difficult to assess on a new track and I would rather get out of the way of another driver, as I know it can be annoying to be "held up". So it took me a little longer to learn as my rhythm was constantly interrupted.

It didn't detract from the overall day but I wonder what the views of others are on maybe leaving the 2/3 sec gap next time, at least on the morning sessions?

Peter, I agree with you regarding the joining gap between cars and found that the best way for me was to aim to be out last in the session which enabled me to have a few laps before the first 7s caught up with me.

ISTR that at Cadwell there was a 2/3 second gap between cars entering the cicuit, but Cadwell is over 2 miles in length. Lydden is only a mile and if you were to leave a gap of 3 seconds then with say 15 cars in a session you're going to be caught by the first 7s out on the lap pretty quickly as lap times would be on average I guess @ 1 min for slower cars.

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint - Loud and Proud 😬 ...well it only sounds fast officer 😳

Brooklands aeroscreens for those........flies in the teeth moments *eek*