Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SPC GEARBOXES CLOSED

biggles001

There seem to be a few of us that are looking to order from SPC.

I know that Steve is waiting for a new batch of gears, expected mid to late July.

Just trying to gauge how many boxes before I contact Steve.

Would anyone else like to participate?

Thanks

Steve

Edited by - biggles001 on 31 Oct 2011 07:44:12

Yes please, for the 5 speed rocket box with all brand new helical in ally casing with options: filler and dipstick accessible from engine compartment and top gear 0.82. Unsure of shaft length yet. Gear kit description below:

Tracsport Type 9 rocket ratio helical gear kit .

These gears have been developed with the Duratec user in mind. The gear tooth profiles are much larger than ford original spec and are similar to a typical S/cut gear.The amount of engine torque this gear kit can be used with is about the same as a typical s/cut gearset. The gears are cut to an angle of 25 degree's this means there is more than one tooth driving at any one time which is stronger than one at a time as in s/cut gearboxes,and also 95% quieter. They are also gear shaved after gear cutting to perfect the gear form. First and second gear are bored out larger than standard which saves weight. In other areas we have also lightened the gear train, the benefit of this is enhanced syncro life and a potential faster gear change. First and second gear are fitted with caged needle roller bearings to reduce friction.

The gear ratios are as follows 1st 2.482 2nd 1.61 3rd 1.225 4th 1.1 5th .87 or .82 The .82 5th gear pair have an increased helix angle and finer pitch teeth for quieter cruising.

Available with long and short imput shafts. These gear ratios we believe to be optimum for most applications where the vehicle is used on the road and for competition use.

Hi Biggles001, It looks as if there may be 5 people interested already. I think SPC used to give 20% off for an order for 5 boxes - unsure if still the same. I wonder if an order for different boxes may be considered rather than all of them being the rocket box? That may help increase numbers...

intrested-depending on price-looking- at the full helical box

doing the gear calc the spc box gives me 7.24 @1000rpm

bgh 2.66 (1st) gives 6.7 which may be more road friendly

anyone asked bgh about discount?

john

Edited by - johnnyseven on 8 Jul 2011 11:37:42

also 95% quieter than a s/cut
WHAT 😬

That's a big difference ....

As I have to ask.... I can't afford one so I have to stick with my s/cut box.

Anyway, I like Chavs coming up to me asking if I've a supercharger due to the whine *eek*

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Steve, and here is his reply:-

I can give you the 15% discount from my list prices for five or more.The general cost of rebuilding these gearboxes are going up and i am trying not to put the list prices up.

If alloy casings are required Quaife price is now £385.00 + £54.00+vat for the layshaft spindle.I can give 10% off these prices due to small trade discounts from Quaife.

Carriage is still £25.00+vat.

Any different boxes, Steve will price individually.

I worked out the price for my own needs, and sadly it is a fair bit over budget, so will have to stick with a refurb on my current box ☹️.

Hopefully with others interested this will still go ahead *wavey*