Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Race Technology DL-90 datalogger

felix.klauser

I would like to organise a group buy of the Race Technology DL-90 datalogger. Fee details see http://www.race-technology.com.

The standard price is £500; I've been given a price of £450 for 4 or more and may be able to do better than that if there are sufficient volumes. I already have 2 interested buyers so need only 2 more to get to the next level.

These units seem to be an excellent piece of kit that allow thorough analysis of parameters such as speed, longitudinal g, lateral g and engine speed. The logger is tiny, not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes, and needs only a power feed, connection to the (supplied) GPS receiver (looks like a computer mouse) and you're away. The engine speed input comes from either the same signal as the tach or from a simple inductive pick-up on a plug lead. There are additional input channels that would allow recoding of steering angle, throttle opening, oil pressure, brake actuation with use of appropriate sensors. The unit hols just under 90 minutes of data and the software will draw track maps, allow analysis of successive laps and graph any and all of the parameters. A future release should allow comparison of data files from different sessions and therefore different cars, allowing two drivers to compare their driving.

There's no in-car display so the logger should be acceptable at most track days. It seems like an excellent driver improvement tool.

Please post or respond via e-mail if interested.

Edited by - felix.klauser on 29 Sep 2002 12:10:02

This is the part of the set up used by Drivedata for their "data plus in-car video" ARDS trackday and race instruction tuition tool. I'm tempted but you do need a laptop and I only have a desktop pc . . .

Felix, I assume you meant £ 450 😳(not $450?? - now that does sound interesting). Can anyone help with a cheapish laptop??

Paul

Zeeeeeeetec . . . . . .

Edited by - paul.davis on 29 Sep 2002 12:03:12

Edited by - paul.davis on 29 Sep 2002 12:04:47