Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Blackbird Propshaft removal

bluenose

• Area Representative

Well its the only major bit of my car that I have not had apart yet *rolleyes* Had a vibration for a few weeks and lifted the car up a couple of weekends ago and tightened up the bolts that join it to the engine as they were loose, I did think at the time that it was strange *confused* Any way still had a vibration on last weeks Kent blat and took another look today and the flange linking the prop to the rubber donut has worn two of its holes oval and two of the bolts were loose again, with one nut half the width it should be 😳. I thought there might be a problem with one of the two UJs or a balnce issue,

Last week I rang Bailey Morris and agreed that I would remove the prop this weekend and take it to them for a look but I had not figured it is not that easy *thumbdown* I have undone all the bolts, diff end , engine end and the centre bearing thingy but the diff end flange seems too big to pull out through the engine side 🤔 If it has to come out the other way then the centre bearing needs to be removed from the prop, any ideas how to do this 🤔 Does it just knock off 🤔

I suppose once I get the centre bearing off I will need to either need to remove the diff & dedion 🤔 or just lower the diff 🤔 Anyone had experience of this 🤔 What a kin palaver 🙆🏻

BTW - I have no reverse gearbox, I use an electric reverse.

Any help please *wavey*

• Area Representative

Mike

Thanks for that. I have blatmailed you after emailing Geoff P regarding Geoff's old prop coupling.

Nick