Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil cooler sandwich plate with thermostat (Duratec)

AMMO

Fits between the oil filter and block to enable an oil cooler to be fitted. It is thermostatically controlled. The filter thread is for a Duratec filter, not sure if it would fit a K or a VX too. I bought this to fit an oil cooler to my car but due to my wimpish driving style the oil temperature has never gone anywhere near danger levels even on track. More suited to a real driving hero who drives his car flat out. 😬

Brand new, unused. £53.50 from Demon Tweeks. Asking £35.00 + delivery.

Carsten

The filter threads for a Zetec and a Duratec are the same. 3/4" UNF 16tpi. What you will need to check is that you have enough room in front of the filter to add 35mm to the overall length of the filter and adaptor combined.

if you don't have enough room you can sometimes fit a shorter filter.

Have a look and let me know.

OK Carsten

As long as you are happy that you have enough room. On some Zetec engines even the short oil filter comes close to the steering column. On others the oil filter location on the engine is slightly different and allows a longer filter without it interfering with anything.

YHM

Carsten, No idea if it is the same but I'm using the oil cooler sandwich plate from my x/flow and the same size short filter on my Blacktop Zetec and there isn't a problem.

Certainly seems to keep oil temps at a manageable level. On our 2 day blat to Lake Como this weekend oil temps have not risen above 92/93 deg despite rapid progress on autoroutes. I'm also using the 10-row cooler from the x/flow as well.

Carsten actually has already paid me for sandwich plate. According to Aeroscreens it would fit his Blacktop Zetec engine. However as Carsten still has the sandwich plate from his old Crossflow he has decided to use that on his engine instead.

I am sending Carsten a refund so the sandwich plate is still for sale.