Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

creaky rollbar on camera

scooby dooby doo

I've got the Freestyle rear anti-rollbar and its really creaky. I had the problem at Cadwell on one side and put some Castrol LM grease (thanks Gordon *wink*) in, which seemed to solve it but the creaky noise is back again.

The rollbar is mounted inbetween two nylon blocks (in a similar fashion to the supersport rear ARB) and the creakiness is eminating from there.

What sort of lubricant would best do the job 🤔

If you want to watch me struggle the goto www.megabird.co.uk. I'm the red car thats in the bottom of the picture, theres some shiny plastic thing in the top of the picture *wink*

Speaking about your rollbar, do you still have the handling problems as in Finland? I seem to remember that you had a horrible understeer.

Did you do anything about the toe in? We (I and Gunnar) changed my dd-tube back to my old one and corrected the toe in using a very high tech solution 😳 (Gunnar made washers from an old tin can... The thickness was just correct). It gave me an even 1 mm toe in instead of the old 6 + 2 mm or whatever it was. The dd-tube we put on in Finland went back to Caterham.

Peter

PS A real race car should squeak a little... DS

Peter Simons

----

Modern man embraces the machine. The machine exists to make him happy. I shall provide man with the machines that make him happy.

- Par Bonk 1893

more investigation showed that the mounting blocks are about half a mm off being symettrical. so i think the bar might have been fractinally higher on the left than the right. this then caused the grease to work its way out. reassembled now with copaslip and horizontally.

HOOPY R706KGU come to cam7 - we don't bite