Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Adhesive for rubber rim of the cycle wing

glasgow

Silly question I know, but the black rubber rim on the front cycle wing edge is loose. Worried that a wrong adhesive-"squeesed out" during appllying pressure on the rim-may leave a visible remenant on the wing paint... *confused*

Ahmed

• Area Representative

Ahmed

I'd normally advise getting rid of the rubber trim - it's only required for IVA. If however you want to keep it I suggest a small dab of clear silicone sealant, but be sparing so that it doesn't ooze out.

Quoting Paul Richards: 
Ahmed

I'd normally advise getting rid of the rubber trim - it's only required for IVA. If however you want to keep it I suggest a small dab of clear silicone sealant, but be sparing so that it doesn't ooze out.

I agree with Paul. I collected my 7 new at Tebay Service Station and by the time I had driven home, the trim was hanging off on one side and had disappeared from the other side altogether. I phoned CC to get a replacement and advice about suitable adhesive and was told that they are only required for IVA and the car will run perfectly well without them *eek* ... and CC were right 😬