Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheap n nasty ex Academy tyres (and wheels) for charity donuts

Midlifecrisis2001

Hi Mankee, it is the Havens 'track day' I am thinking of, last year it ran in September but the date hasn't been announced yet. I am hoping to get some practice first though 😬

Ideally I'd like to keep any wheels/tyres cos you never know when you might get the urge again *biggrin* - would you need yours back?

Cheers

Clive

Ah right. Is it this one? Sounds like some good tyre-shredding for a good cause. Will you have to take punters for a ride around the test track? It's Woodbridge the day before but I wouldn't mind coming down as the track looks quite curious.

Yeah, I'd need my wheels back (can't flog them to you for a tenner unfortunately!). Tyres I'm not too fussed about as several club members have given me plenty of rubber suitable for trackday use but not road use and I've got the facilities to change tyres myself. If you get stuck then let me know. *smile*

Hi clive... Did not get to the garage last night... But from memory... All 185 x 13

5 x yoko A539... Great looking 60 series three, approx 500 miles on them, BUT they are at least 7 years old now. I took off my car 2.5 years ago to get more ground clearance. Not on wheels.

Several 70 series Avon CR322, some low tread, most hey good. All 5 + years old.

All unmounted

Set of 4 michelin somethings, 70 series, currently on my car... But I want rid of! I would need to retain wheels.

Set of 4 track day wheels, Ford PCD, bought from fellow blatchatter, 2 with legendary mud and snow tyres!

Any of these of interest? Andy

Edited by - dalongbloke on 28 Jun 2011 11:04:49

I've foun the wheels! Through the "Caterham advertisment" thread, it turns out they are K N Gemini wheels... a period 7 fitment!

See pic below, with a semi clad model, NOT work safe!

here

I have decided to open "Andys Drift and Doughnut Tyre Emporium" as I am fed up with my own tyre wall at the back of the garage!

Regards Andy