Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trackrod ends

Delberts Wallet

I need to replace one of my ball joints as it appears to have quite a bit of play in it. To remove it from the hub will I need a ball joint splitter thing or will I be able to hit it from underneath to knock it out or will it come free if I hit the hub and the shock break the taper *confused*

Hmmmmm

Blue and Carbon Supersport T561 LKJ

the left hand one popped out no trouble after a firm tap with a lump hammer. the right hand one was far too solid so i used a splitter - you want the type you do up rather than the type you wedge in with a hammer.

unfortunately we couldn't bend the rack mount back - so it'll stay in a rack and radiator free state, get loaded onto a mates trailer, and goto arch in the week.

the indicators turned out to be a knackered relay (i have a spore), the other cycle wing just needs the bolts doing up.

undo the nut until it is just passed the end of the ball joint. then hut upwards onto the nut. (using the nut like this protects the end of the thread). THe chances are it'll be too solid to shift it, in which case you'll need a splitter. Check the rubber gaiter carefully, it may split under load of the splitter if its a bit old. This is a bad thing and so a replacement ball joint will be needed.

HOOPY R706KGU come to cam7 - we don't bite