Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which carbon?

Chris Wells

Hi

I think I'm becoming a carbon fibre adict and i'm looking for another fix - front indicator pods and rear light blocks, but from where?

Caterham have just stopped doing their old front indicator pods in favour of the new style ones to suit the later light brackets. Can anyone recomend a good old style alternative?

I'm also looking to purchase some carbon rear light blocks - there seem to be loads about including carbon bits. Some have edging,some without - but which are best,fit better?

Thanks *wavey*

Chris

I recently had a pair of rear light blocks from the Carbon 666 (or whatever they are called) bulk buy. They have rubber edging front and rear. The backplate that the lens mates up to is set quite a way inside the surround, so the lens sits a long way inside, which makes the whole unit look a lot slimmer - compared to a CC original rubber wedge mount *thumbup*

Can do photos ... but only when I return home on Friday morning.

Quoting Chris Wells: 
Hi

Caterham have just stopped doing their old front indicator pods in favour of the new style ones to suit the later light brackets.

Thanks *wavey*

Chris

Are you sure about that? I really can't see them not making them any more.

Anyway, I think carbon Mods stuff is as good as you will find at the moment but their stuff can very in quality of finish.

Jason

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 20 Jun 2011 22:07:00

Hi

Interesting to hear about fitting and thanks for the offer of photos.

Pretty sure about new style caterham pods - I phoned CC and spoke to Darren. Like you I was suprised to see they didnt do the old style, so asked the question about the cut out ( their photo is not very helpful) and he kindly offered to send sale or return.

Chris

Hi Shaun

I like the look of the 7 tips ones. Have you got some and if so what are they like? Are they easy to fit - they look like they are hollow at the back, if so does that compromise their strength, or mean they will mark the paint?

Thanks - Chris

• Support Team

I've only got the indicator pods so can't comment on the rear blocks (my rear light blocks are aluminium from a bulk buy a very long time ago) .

The indicator pods are very smart.

Yes - 7 tips (carbon mods ones) very pretty.

They are hollow and flex a little as you tighten them up so you have to judge how tight to do them up

The back edge is sharp and I suspect could mark the paint (I put rubber trim around the edge)

They fit quite well and look fine (IMO)

I have the indicator pods as well, these are great.

And the fog and reversing lights - look fine but were a PITA to fit - struggled to get the screws that hold the lenses on to line up with the threaded studs inside, took an awfully long time to do it (and now I have a blown bulb so need to take one off and go through the pain again!).

It all looks nice once on though and the pain will heal over time 😬

Edited by - Grubbster on 23 Jun 2011 13:59:57