Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald Map for VHPD Required

jonhill

I'm hoping to trial a firend's Emarald on my SLR tomorrow afternoon, so can someone email me an appropriate map by then?

My engine is a 2001 spec. VHPD, with the PTP DTH TBs (not the horrible swan neck Rover ones), and unmodified in any way.

Email to jon.hill7@virgin.net

TIA,

Jon

*thumbup* Andrew, thanks.

Any idea how close a match your maps are to those for a STD VHPD, given your ported head makes an extra 20-25 bhp? What tweaks would bring it closer to the ideal? Would it be risky to use high rpm with this map?

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Julian,

Yes please, can you mail it to the above address.

Any idea of the implications of running this map on my engine, given my std cam timing?

209 bhp! Blimey, you must be chuffed with that. Did you run it on the rollers with the MEMS first, for a comparison? How does it drive now, compared to the MEMS?

Thanks,

Jon

No Jon, didn't bother with MEMS beyond about 500 miles because the car was such a pig. Dave spent about 4 solid hours mapping for the power curve on display at :

www.btinternet.com/~v11ufo/modifications

The car is incomparable to standard (but remember my MEMS was so bad that the car wouldn't idle unattended for more than about 20 seconds, even when warm.) Now I have a steady, consistant idle, good - but not totally perfect - low speed manners and a massive wall of torque where before there was just lots of noise. The car thumps forwards in any gear and is so quick that it was all over the "300bhp" turbo 7 at Donnington on Wednesday......(I'm an "average" driver - but the engine is just very easy to get the best out of which is crucial if you're not Ayrton Senna)

It's just awesome, and whilst the power peak is 7600 (power still climbing), the real story is the power available out of the corners, which is "a lot" from 4500rpm upwards.

Get a set of verniers from Dave Andrews first though because the cam timing was pegged wrong by the factory wheels.

Edited by - Julian Thompson on 28 Sep 2002 08:48:33