Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Luminova Oil Feed Pipes

John Howe

For the last three month I've had a Luminova intercooler sitting on the bench waiting to be fitted... the delay is Matt at Think Do Nothing Automotive.

On the basis that phone, fax and e-mails fail to waken his slumber is anyone out there in a position to confirm fittings, angles and pipe lengths when used on a dry sumped K series .

Any pics would be appreciated

JH

John

I visited Think Automotive a couple of weeks ago and collected my kit. I have run into a problem that I cannot fit the heat exchanger in the top hose due to the position of the Apollo tank. However, Andy Murphy has one fitted to the bottom hose, and hopefully I will get a better look and some photo's provided he turns up at Lydden tommorrow. If so I can mail these to you.

The only picture I can find that gives a clue to the pipework when fitting in the top hose is on Dave Andrews website, look under Lubrication, Oil Coolers here.

Hope this helps and let me know if you want the pictures.

Mark

Mark, thanks for the pointer... I will have to see if there is sufficient room to fit it in that position as I have a girlie box - and before Ray Pearce puts in his two pennyworth, its an age related thing!

I was hoping to fit it to the top hose and run from the scavenge pump to the inter-cooler and then to the dry sump, though the later seems a long and unsupported route it does allow the existing inter-cooler water fitting to be used.

Any pics on this subject would be appreciated

JH

Roy, thanks - I actually have your picture from your initial instalation. Your positioning is my prefered location, what I'm look for help with is the size and angle of fittings from the scavenge pump (45 degrees ?) and the top of the Caterham drysump tank (180 degrees)

JH

Why use the top hose or any radiator hose at all? Presumably the dry sump to which you refer it the Caterham one, in which case why not use the heater bypass hose (oh, you don't have a heater do you) and install it like mine (the other piccy on DVA's web site). The heater circuit is the first to get warm so starts to warm your oil that much earlier, and is easily sufficient to dump excess oil heat into the coolant system. My oil temp is pretty well locked to that of the coolant now.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours