Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2005 well spec'd roadsport for sale

rich01483

2005 Cateraham 7 (55-plate) factory built car

4800 miles

It has the lowered floor making it fine for 6 foot plus drivers.

Wide track front end, +22% quick rack, quick release Momo steering wheel.

New 6 point harnesses (2014)

Lightweight flywheel (all steel -better/lighter than the R500 version)

uprated (R500) clutch.

Race 6-speed

gearbox (strengthened 4th gear) and ultra close.

AP LSD (used, but only a few hundred miles since refresh)

2005 Cateraham 7 (55-plate) factory built car, originally bought as an Academy car and later upgraded to run in Roadsports A by the original owner.

It was built by Hyperion and raced in the 2006 Academy season, with a number of podium finishes.  It was then converted to RSA-spec and the engine refreshed by Minister, it still has the MSA seals on the engine.

The engine refresh cost  almost £4k and it has only done about 500 miles since, I have the invoice.

Due to time constraints, the owner only did 1 test day and 1 race since the upgrade.

It was then put into storage, as he was too busy (he's a banker). It then remained in storage for nearly 2 1/2 years.

It was then bought by the second owner to do one particular hill climb in France (the owner kept it in Britain, so again it did minimal mileage).

I have owned the car since October time last year, and have used it mainly for road use, it has been on a sprint testing day, but no trackdays/racing, so it basically has a hardly used fresh engine.

It's not in the best cosmetic condition, but the mechanicals/suspension are great.

I have the original invoice and service details up to when it was taken off the road, I changed the oil and filter when I bought the car.

It has a UK MOT till May 2011 and is taxed for 6 months.

I am only selling it so soon, as I've had an opportunity to get into one of my dream cars for a year, I have had a reasonable px offer on the car, so it will only be available for around a week, otherwise it goes against my new car (pics soon to follow of that!!).

I am looking for £11,500, or for £12k I will include 2 Caterham tillet seats (one bag seat included at present), second harness for the seats, some 5" blackpacked headlights, and a spare set of good condition minilites with AO48 tyres on.

Any questions drop me a bm, I have lots of pictures of the car when I bought it in the spec to be sold, and a few of it as is now, with the extras as described.

Thanks