Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Adjustable platforms (on shocks)

jakeandlizzy

Adjustable platforms (bilsten) like these here with the shocks. -- off of a 2002 S3.

...that is all good...

but, the bad is the front shocks are toast and the rears are probably OK, but I am not sure. They are in good cosmetic condition. The springs on the front I wouldn't bother with, but the rears have standard caterham progressive springs and they are pretty good. Also, a widetrack extender piece will be attached to the front two shocks but they can be binned or sold on if not needed. They have done 24k miles, most of which (20k) over the last 1.5 years.

So why mention the shocks? Well, because I don't know how to take the platforms off and don't have the time!

so £80 for the lot sound OK? They should retrofit any bilstein shock to be adjustable.

Pick up preferred (I live in Cambridge) and I will try to take some pics this evening.

Yep you can just fit these to pretty much any caterham Bilstein. There is a circlip around the body which located the standard fixed seat on; its just a case of dismantling the assembly, sliding the seat off, moving the circlip to a lower groove and sliding on the threaded collar & locking rings.