Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Concept 2 Rowing Machine

Ben Long

myothercarsa2cv - sounds like that could be a good plan then. I'll keep an eye out for that show and see what bargains there are. I'll take a look at the PM4 as I'm not familiar with it, so could be one of those instead of the PM3 if it's better?

madmaninshed - thanks for the offer. I would really prefer a Concept 2 to be honest. They seem fairly reputable and installed in most gyms so quite robust.

*thumbup*

It does all the same things but has things like wireless interaction with other C2 machines. Either will be fine for general use.

One thing of note for rowing machines - different machines feel completely different to one another. Concept 2 is revered as the best machine, but there are two other options worth considering:

RowPerfect - in my opinion the ultimate machine for rowers. Why more clubs don't use these, I don't know.

WaterRower - these have a really nice feel to them. There's no lag between your drive and the flywheel pickup like there is on a Concept2 type machine. Great to hear the swoosh too!

Any of these will be great to keep fit on.

For my purposes, the C2 is the clear winner - being an industry standard, you can easily compare times and so forth. I have a card you can slot in the PM3/4 units so that you can record your workouts whatever machine you use (PM3/4 have inbuilt memory but limited). But, try them all out - personal preference is equally as important!