Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ZF vrs Titan diff

DSL

Having secured a rare 3.14 diff its now time to look at getting a LSD fitted to it in preparation for the fitting of a more powerful Busa motor in the not too distant future *smile*

Has anybody here used both of these in competition who can give me an insight as to how they compare in use & if one provides better low speed corner exit traction than the other at all 🤔

I was at Road and Race during the week and got talking diffs. They said that the Titan diff is much better and will provide significantly more grip than the zf.

Phil had a Titan on his car, and seeing it is what he does for a living,i guess he ought to know.

Why not give them a call for a chat.

Matt

Hi, I have the Titan unit and have raced with it.

Phil built mine *thumbup* I have not had any issues, though car wanted to push on when diff was new, soon bedded in and has behaved ever since.

I have not used the ATB, but have raced with a viscous type, if I am honest I could not feel any difference, though my times did fall a bit *redface*

I doubt there is anything between them *wink*

Pendennis

My Titan LSD used to push on when new too. I hated it to begin with. But I think it's great now.

Mine was set up by BGH. No whines or funny noises just a very few clunks now and then at slow speeds.

• 2 months later...

Quoting Roadsport06: 
I plan on getting my open diff changed. How do these compare to a ATB one?

Don't use an ATB for competition use, as is still an open diff and will spin the inside wheel, even with supersport levels of power/torque. I changed to a Titan and is miles better. The ATB is fine for road and occasional trackday use.

Malcolm

I have a Titan LSD from R&R in my 3.14 Diff, did some 20K kilometer with the LSD.

When I got the Diff back after the rebuild I was amazed that it was not louder than before, without LSD.

It was a good decision to opt for the Titan and not the ZF.

Hanns Per

Steve at SPC has just rebuilt an old sierra diff for me, the diff came back like new and with a Tran X diff. He has set the preload to 10 lb.ft and interleaved plates to give the maximum surface area. He really knows his stuff and is a perfectionist. He stripped the Tran X down before fitting it to make sure it was up to his standards.

Steve called me back too to ask how I was finding it. I put the diff in yesterday and only driven 15 miles. It is quiet like my open diff, I haven't tested it around corners but pulling off it certainly improves acceleration, feeling far more planted.