Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Old harness, or parts thereof

Roger Ford

Damaged, out of date, partial or whatever. But cheap. I just want one of the buckles to try making up an alternate attachment for my wrist restraints, to bolt into the redundant lower connecting slot (not used on the Caterham 6-point as the lower straps loop around the upper ones).

My current harness is Luke/Caterham, but I think (not certain) that any other make should work too.

Edited by - Roger Ford on 30 May 2011 01:06:35

• 3 weeks later...

Tyrone, thanks for the buckle but I'm slightly embarassed to say it's not what I was looking for. It's a little hard to describe since I don't really know what the various parts are called, but I'm looking for the metal piece which sits at the end of the belt and pushes into the quick-release device.

Something like this:

http://www.china-autoaccessories.com/photo/ca0ffef30b3d93cc86b932b76595e258/Male-Buckle.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Roger, I've just seen this. Don't worry about it. I might have something in my box of bits, I'll have a root around and let you know.

Actually reading it again properly, I know I don't have a spare one of those, I was thinking of the other end which attaches to the chassis. Sorry.

Edited by - Tyrone on 20 Jul 2011 13:06:31