Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6k Supersport engine

PhilKing

Due to an upgrade I now have my orginal 1.6K series EU2 supersport engine up for sale.

This was originally in the car when bought and has covered 18,000 all road miles, regularly serviced during my ownership at Redline. When removed from the car about 5 weeks ago it was running perfectly with no problems at all, has stood covered since in my garage.

The engine has had Piper verniers fitted but apart from that is completely standard and comes complete with wiring loom, original ecu and plipper, although the alternator and starter motor have been removed for the new engine. The clutch and flywheel come with the engine so this is just a drop in replacement unit.

Due to the size collection only but looking for £580.00 for the whole set up.

Edited by - philking on 27 May 2011 19:14:31

Hi Phil, a few Q's please

it is a supersport vs Roadsport ?.....has it been dyno'd ?

does it have clutch+flywheel ?..do you know when (if) it has been changed ?

Starter motor ?

water pump etc...

cheers Graham

Hi Graham

No problems, it is the standard supersport engine from caterham it is out of my roadsport car this is the upgrade to the standard roadsport engine. I have never had it dyno'd, but is rated at 135/138bhp they seem to quoted as both but never checked.

It does come with clutch and flywheel and the other parts, except and apologies for missing this out the starter motor, I have edited the post to reflect this detail.

Hope that helps but any other questions I will do my best to answer.

Cheers

Phil