Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheel Nuts! - I need some help ASAP.

MikeE

Having picked up my new Minators and ACB10s (from BookaTrack - very competitive deal) yesterday I went to my local Ford dealers to get 16 wheel nuts so I could fit them (my R500 mags use the noin-compatible sleeved nuts).

Unfortunately Ford only do the chrome jobs and want ~£4 each (i.e £64!!!!!) - I didn't buy them *thumbdown*. I then went to the local auto factors and Halfords and neither sell wheel nuts (other than the lockable ones).

Does anyone have any advice to source these at a reasonable price? Is the Ford price reasonable (I hope not)?

Problem is I wanted to fit the wheels/tyres for Lydden this Saturday and am obviously now very short on time *confused*.

Ah, should have tried caterham first I suppose *confused*. I've just given them a call and they charge only 88p+vat each for nickel plated ones.

So thats £16.54 from Caterham or £64 from Ford ( 🙆🏻) - and I thought Caterham were supposed to be expensive?

Mike.

Could also try Autocross in Binfield, Bracknell, near the Shell garage close to the A329. Steve F got some open ended ones for racing from there - no idea if they are cheap or not, but good stuff. 01344 422220.

I have used them for a few bit on my Zetec swap and are helpful.

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬

Thanks for the offers guys *thumbup* However I obviously didn't do a very good job of explaining myself before. I've actually order the 88pence nuts from Caterham, they assure me they're be with me tomorrow (first class post). However I think I may have made a big mistake, whilst on the order hotline I asked him to slip a CD parts catalogue into the delivery, I can feel my wallet enptying already 😳

Cheers for the help,

Mike