Click here if you are having website access problems ×

myothercarsa2cv

John, look at what I am going to do to my valve cover -- it will have carbon covers for the coil pack and custom powdercoating/shaving. May be up your street!

The cover you have shown is actually very nice though. I have seen it on Geoff's car (about my way) and it is great -- but for the price (although this is something that may be worth the price in terms of quantity/cost), we can do something different! Don't lose your creativeness and energy that I have come to expect! *tongue*

Quoting Paul Jacobs: 
Lambretta - yes and sooner than you think, upgraditus, especially of the carbon variety is like a particularly virulent virus aaargh......... 😔

My road cycle shows signs of carbonitis and I bought the 7 to wean myself from GAS (guitar aquisition syndrome). Looks like I wasted my time 😬

I have the carbon coil/camcover as pictured and although it is light compared to the plastic part it replaces it falls short in a few areas, to make it fit cleanly I had to go at it with the Dremel and more importantly the OEM Rover part has stand offs on the inside that space it from the cam cover casting, the carbon item does not, so ideally some turned mushroom headed spacers are required to space it off the cam cover I used the metal inserts from the Rover item as a short term fix, if not fixed properly I can see the bolt holes becoming oversized as carbon is not as durable as the original plastic. Nice but not £144 nice if you see what I mean.

...and neither am I (in fact the thing has'nt had a wash since it's mot last December). I looked at the no cover option but thought that if I got caught out in the rain somewhere the coils, leads and plugs would all get wet and it might all stop doing what it was supposed too.

Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
Nor am I, really. I rub my car down with a brillo pad... *eek*

I've just had a professional valeter to "polish" mine with steel wool. He looked a little peculiar when I told him what I wanted him to do...

This was the first time since April - last year - it was cleaned.

Edited by - RJ on 27 May 2011 20:41:37