Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bloody oil drops knacker your paint.....

Julian Thompson

Having propped my bonnet in the corner of the garage while I tinkered with the car for the last week or so I had cleaned the rest of the car gradually as time went on.

In preperation for my early departure ☹️ to Donnington tomorrow *wink* I popped the bonnet on and thought I'd wipe it down as I'd forgotton to do this......

Little droplets of used oil (thinking about it, probably quite corrosive?) had landed on my lid through the vents, presumably bits of fall out from the catch tank. These had made permanent marks in the clear coat of my beautiful silver bonnet ☹️ ☹️

I did actually manage to get rid of them ALL, using AutoGlym Paint Restorer *wink* *wink* but it took over an hour and I don't fancy doing THAT again.

Rule = wipe down ALL the car the moment you stick it back in the garage!!!

Watch out for chrome cleaner as well *eek*

I have the usual pitting of the chrome rings which the headlights sit on and decided to clean them up as best as I could - I used Halfords chroem & metal polish. Did a grate job on the chrome, most of the pitting/rust removed *thumbup*

Unfortunately I dropped a small drop on my lovely carbon fibre cycle wings *eek*

I did not notice it until next morning - it has left a mark which will not come off *mad* *mad*