Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Endurance racing for caterhams

Gnasher2

I have now commercial interest in this but a friend has made me aware of the opportunity for caterham racers. The BARC are hosting a Double-Six race weekend at Snetterton on the 4th & 5th June. Details are as follows:- * Snetterton 200 Circuit * 2 x 6 hour races (one each day) * Entries open to teams, comprising 1 - 4 drivers and 1 - 4 cars * Entry cost just £1900 for 12 hours of racing! * Class description below - The BARC Double-Six races are intended for current and classic Great British Sportscars, organised into the following classes:- Grand Touring Sportscars Class 1 Such as Ginetta G50 / G55, TVR Tuscan / Sagaris, Chevron GR8, Morgan Aero 8, Lotus Evora, Marcos Mantis Open Sportscars (above 300bhp per tonne) Class 2 Such as Caterham, Westfield SE, Tiger, Lotus 2-11, Cobra type cars, Crossle Open Sportscars (up to 300 bhp per tonne) Class 3 Such as Caterham, Westfield SE, Tiger, Ginetta G20, Mazda MX5 Sports Touring Cars Class 4 Such as BMW Mini, Mini, TVR Tasmin, Ginetta G40, Lotus Elise / Exige, MGF/TF, T-Car, Classic Sports Cars Class 5 Such as Austin Healey, MG Midget / B, Morgan Sportscars, Westfield XI Open Invitation Class 6 Any other car as approved by the organisers Entries and further information can be obtained from Dale Wells at the BARC. Edited by - Gnasher2 on 19 May 2011 13:24:07

About a minute after I posted this I was informed the event had been cancelled *redface*

Sorry to get anyones hope up.

Details of decision to cancel below.

I sadly have to report that both the "Double-Six" endurance event and the BARC Open Sportscars races on 4th & 5th June 2011 at Snetterton have been cancelled.

Double-Six

This was a project that was "forced" on the BARC, with little time for organisers to promote it and equally little time for racers to prepare their cars. Although initial feedback was positive, we have recently suffered an alarming rate of attrition and with prospective entries currently standing at a dozen, it became clear that we could neither deliver the quality of racing, or the entry revenues to justify it.

Open Sportscars

As I indicated in my last "serious" mail, the previous rounds at Mallory were very poorly supported and whilst there has been better interest for Snetterton, we are still struggling to reach high single figures. Again, this makes the series a burden that cannot be sustained.

Looking ahead, I now need to sit down with Dale at the BARC and determine how we can move forward, for either this year and / or next. As soon as we have further information, we'll get back to you.

*wavey*If anyone in the South East is looking for an alternative event in which to compete on Saturday 4th June SEMSEC is running one of its regular meetings at Lydden. These days are very efficiently run, and so particularly good if you have limited spare time.

I was lucky enough to have three practices and four races in a single afternoon on Sunday. Entries have been low so far this year and new or returning drivers will be made very welcome. *smile*

Hi Paul,

I think we should all come out and play at Lydden to stop you getting any more famous than you have already become so far this year.

I am really sorry that I won't be able to make the next round as I am away working 😔

Keep up the good work and try and stay in front of those pesky radicals next time out!!

Cheers

Paul