Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Swap: SLR full cage with curvy bars for an FIA bar + cash

Griff

OFFERED:

a) 2003 SLR cage with the curved bars for an imperial chassis, complete with all mounts. It is black, includes good padding, has a few stone chips but otherwise excellent condition. I also have a bolt on head restraint. Cage new price is £954.

b) Front scuttle, painted black and needs a little TLC, currently fitted with half width perspex race aero (or I can keep the screen as have a good home for it if not wanted with the cage). New price for the screen is £72. Scuttles go for about £50 but I'll settle for less.

c) Might have one or two Spa-type mirrors available as well.

WANTED:

a) FIA roll bar (prefer with the current X-brace) and petty strut in very good or better condition. The X-brace type is £311 new from Catheram

b) Full screen with black surround plus doors, wiper motor, wipers etc (not essential at the moment as will run with an aeroscreen for the summer.

Depending on who has and wants what, am thinking of half new price for the respective cages plus the difference in cash, so cage swap only plus £322 my way. Any other bits can be haggled over.

I'm based in Cirencester where the cage is still fitted to the car. Could possibly help the buyer with swapping over both cars if timings work out.

Contact me soon - I have had an X-brace FIA bar on order with Caterham for two months now and no sign of it yet despite promises. In case the swap doesn't work, the full SLP cage will be available as soon as I can get delivery from Caterham.

Cheers,

Mike (Griff)