Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Forged 2 lt vx pistons

BDR750

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they are forged, and brand new, they were for my X-flow block, so they have not been machined in any way yet ,they do however have two cutouts for a 2 valve motor in them, but there is also a lot of material left in the crown area, i will not be able to use them, as my chances of finding X-flow block going out too this size again is minimal.

C7 PWT X-Flow all Steel

I don't think a piston designed for an 8 valve Ford engine would be suitable would it ?

Peter I used to have an 1825cc Crossflow with 86.5mm bore on an AX block and it broke the cylinder wall requiring a liner to be fitted.

Home of BDR700

Edited by - edmandsd on 4 Oct 2002 16:55:33

Dave, are you saying that you linered it to 86.5mm, after breaking through the walls? Surely there must have been no meat left in the block to support the liners? also it would make the block too flexible for sustained high RPM. Did this engine last long? Was this the engine that was fitted prior to your current?

Thanks , PS what size primaries where you using on your X-Flow.

C7 PWT X-Flow all Steel

Yep that's what i' saying and the engine was fine after that - HTR can do this for you if required.

I tried numerous manifolds but the best was a 4>2>1 design with 1 7/8th primaries. This really suited the high valve acceleration cams I used i.e. Kent 264/272.

Cheers

Dave

HTR are on 01474 872888 and based next door to Brands Hatch Paddock entrance - Talk to Aaron Tucker the engine builder - i'd suggest at the end of the week though because they're all at Spa currently.

Ray Addis is effectively the other half of HT Racing and he makes all my manifolds, front suspension, axle, rear brakes, rollbar etc (In fact Ray and Aaron built the whole car/engine between them).

The dimensions of the manifold were as follows:

12 inch long 1 7/8th inch o/d primaries

24 inch long 2 inch o/d secondaries

2.5 inch o/d system