Click here if you are having website access problems ×

out and about in Malmedy, Ardennes, Belgium

Clousta

I had to drive to the Ardennes today to pick up my son after his Duke Of Edinburgh 30km hike and camp. The bikers were out in force enjoying the glorious sunshine and 28C temperatures. Unfortunately we were in the tin top but had time enough to stop for lunch and watch the world go by for a while. I had scratched the Caterham itch the previous night by driving the Caterham to my German gliding club AGM. I was surrounded by 10 very attentive Germans who wanted to hear the engine run! The drive home, still in just a T-shirt, under the stars and a crescent moon was glorious.

Anyway to the sightings,; A yellow Series 4, a silver Caterham on cycle wings on a Luxembourg plate, A BRG sevenesque (looked like a Robin hood) and parked up with driver still in the car in the street was a Dark Blue Caterham with 7" Chrome Headlights on a Belgium plate. All seen within an hour and 800m of each other - Great.

We found a great hairpin road to the east of Malmedy climbing out the valley. SWMBO didn't seem to mind me giving the SAAB 9000 turbo the beans and agreed it would be a good road for the seven!

Post script: SWMBO enjoy lunch on our own so much that she said we should come down to the Ardennes and repeat the lunch in the Seven - result!

Edited to add: There was a Luxembourg Fiat 500 Rally taking place in the Ardennes today - both old and new. it was a great sight.

Edited by - Clousta on 8 May 2011 21:28:08