Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting FIA approved harnesses

Titanium7

The Luke harness always arrive (or certainly used to) arrive with the buckle on the left hand lap belt (i.e. tunnel side for the driver). This means the passenger one is on the outer side and it is not unknown for passenger to take the belt off and for the buckle to dent the side skin.

It is possible to remove the buckle from the belt and move it to the other belt, though I'm not sure Luke approve of this. Plenty in the archives on how to do this... see here as an example.

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 7 May 2011 09:29:45

• Area Representative

Best to fit the buckle with it resting on the tunnel to save sideskin damage especially from careless passengers 😳 ☹️

Nick

Thanks all

Not been able to carry out the conversion of the buckle due to all six phillips screws seem to be have locktited in during assembly. (buckle comes apart from below not under the red lever side).

Oh well SWMBO will have to be careful with the buckle, some chance *confused*

I've been meaning to make this change for a long time.

On a related point, does anyone know the paint colour code for the red release latch as I might touch it up at the same time?

Peter

Edited by - prangerman on 8 May 2011 12:46:06

• Area Representative

Peter,

I had the same issue but luckily I'd got my seats out for foam repositioning anyway.

I took the whole belt out and lay it on the lounge carpet.

I picked my biggest best fit phillips screwdriver and pushed all my weight down through the screw into the buckle on the carpet.

• Area Representative

It's now a long time ago that I modified my harness' , but looking at my photo's, it loks like these screws are Pozidrive NOT Phillips!

When using Pozidrive or Phillips screws, its important to use the correct design and size of screwdriver! It's easy to damage both the screw and the screwdriver using the wrong combination of screw and driver.

If a Pozidrive screwdriver looks worn or damaged, THROW IT AWAY!! (It'll just trash more screws!)

Philips on the left and Pozidrive on the right here. Note the additional cuts on the screw head.