Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Original HPC Vauxhall

Bobo W

See http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2788423.htm - one day I'll learn how to do a linky thing

One the first 2 litre twin carb Vauxhall HPC's - registration J20HPC (included in sale)

Specification:

Orange with black noseband and stripe

2 litre Vauxhall with twin Webers

3d ignition and QED 42H Cams – Est. 10% increase on original 175hp

Facet solid state fuel pump

4 into 1 Competition exhaust

Battery cut out switch

Apollo 780 Immobiliser

Black pack windscreen (heated) and headlamps

Interchangeable scuttle

Carbon fibre stone-guards

Painted FIA roll bar with petty strut

13" Minilite style wheels with Yoko A021's

Fire extinguisher

2 x Tillet seats

Oxted seat cushion on drivers side

4 point harnesses both sides

Lowered floor drivers side

Quick Release momo steering wheel

Full weather protection

Tonneau with tillet ears

7 grille

MOT’s back to 1995, Service history back to 1999

Component build

Serviced annually by James Whiting and then Redline Components, Caterham

Tax till End May 2011, MOT till End June 2011, Mileage 52755

Car will be supplied with new tax, MOT and service

Included within sale:

Merlin Muffler

Bespoke luggage set by Soft Bits for Sevens (Fully waterproof)

Bespoke 7 headlamp covers

Luggage Rack

Passenger seat

Various spares

Pictures will be available on Pistonheads shortly but in the meantime please blatmail me if interested.

Full history available upon request

Price £11,995 or £11,200 without service / tax / mot & additional items

Car located in Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Edited by - Bobo W on 5 May 2011 19:02:59

Edited by - Bobo W on 5 May 2011 19:03:23

• 2 weeks later...

BTTT

If only because the first chap to see the car came all the way from Cannes, was really enthusiastic, asked me to withdraw from sale while he sorted financials. Seemed like an honest sort of chap so I went along even though no deposit paid. Lo and behold he has gone incommunicado. Especially frustrating as there was a considerable amount of initial interest that I had to fend off because of my french friend !

Quoting Bobo W: 
BTTT

If only because the first chap to see the car came all the way from Cannes, was really enthusiastic, asked me to withdraw from sale while he sorted financials. Seemed like an honest sort of chap so I went along even though no deposit paid. Lo and behold he has gone incommunicado. Especially frustrating as there was a considerable amount of initial interest that I had to fend off because of my french friend !

Nice looking car and love the clour, interesting when selling a VX years ago I also had a lot of "interest" from the continent, all of which amounted to dozens of EMails, scanning paperwork and wasted time at my end, no buyers though. TBH put me off dealing with anyone outside the UK.

Interest from France and Germany. Don't know the exact details but I think they can import pre-1994 cars quite easily especially if they don't have a catalytic converter. French rules are a bit tighter in that it used to be the case that only factory built cars would be allowed. However the guys I've spoken to suggest there are ways round this which is fine by me.

The main reason of course is the strength of the euro relative to the pound. I understand this was the main cause for Mk1 Elise prices firming and in fact going up due to the numbers being exported.

*arrowup*Exactly what's happening with my HPC that's for sale, 95% of calls are from Europe and far east, rafts of questions via email about paperwork and other things I've not really a clue what they're on about and then silence *smile*

I was after a JPE, saw one and bought it without viewing....but that's me, like a dog with 2 dicks, guess we're not all the same.

My Far Eastern prospective was an Oceanographer who wanted to buy the car just to see the look on his sons face. Didn't want to see the car, was quite happy with my assertion regarding the cars overall condition and his shipping agent would arrange everything.

I tried to string it along because someone was going to quite a length to seem plausible but funnily enough went quiet when I started quizzing about the paypal only payment method and how shipping would work. Not exactly Mr.Omoogoo but a Malaysian version called Betty, which in itself is pretty dodgy.