Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Testing

Trevor Phillips

Need more power? Well, here is your winter project! Take out that 1400/1600 and sell it. Then install a flexible and extremely powerful Vauxhall.

Complete upgrade available in October to be sold as a package [r][not splitting][/r]:

1998cc Vauxhall VE 16 valve engine built to QED 205bhp specification

Engine was rebuilt at beginning of year and inspected again in July when we purchased the car. New parts this season include Jenvey Direct to Head Throttle Bodies, DTA Engine Management system, water pump. Runs QED 42H cams, pocketed pistons, ARP bolts. Dry sump system with new SBD narrow tank in September. All pipes, fittings included.

Mated via hydraulic AP 7.25” Competition clutch to 5 speed alloy-cased 5 speed box with Quaiffe internals. Brian Hill modified top cover including dip stick, modified quick shift lever.

Propshaft, engine mounts, exhaust manifold and silencer. Water and oil pressure gauges, 8000 rpm rev counter. Modified 8 gallon fuel tank, fuel regulator, filter and a brand new Bosch fuel pump.

This unit is really on song and the mid-range torque is phenomenal ! My first drive at Brands in August on old slicks produced a 53.4 second lap. Last week at Brighton Speeds Trials we did a 12.9 second quarter mile at 108 mph [beating the R500’s] and coming second overall in National Class 2.

A second map has been done this week at Julian Godfrey’s to allow the engine to meet the SVA requirements for CO levels, though this will not be required for subsequent MOT’s.

Basically, just about everything you will need to transform you car. I drove it back from the SVA centre and was impressed how docile the unit was. Reason for sale – before driving it I had agreed to buy a Hayabusa set-up …… rather regretting that now.

Car will be out on Saturday at Lydden for the Test Day, Sunday it’s entered for two 12 lap races at Lydden then final outing at the Caterham Festival on Saturday 5th October so you can hear and see how it goes. *biggrin*

The whole shooting match for £4250.

Remember, I don’t intend splitting – so no emails, please, asking for bits.

Email me or call me on 07050 030518

Some pictures here

Edited by - Trevor on 23 Sep 2002 08:41:57

Edited by - Trevor on 23 Sep 2002 08:43:09