Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood

rgrigsby

Another great day at Goodwood with glorius sunshine and lots of friendly faces. It was good to catch up with everyone.

Back home now nursing a bit of sunburn, unfortunatly we've also returned to find that the local recycling truck has managed to thump Ping's car and leave a big dent in the drivers door ☹️ I suspect it's going to be a challenge trying to get them to fix it.

Cheers

Unfortunatly it seems no one saw it as we were all outside celebrating the royal wedding (Hence I know it was the council truck as it was the only thing to come down the road that morning). Still I'm going to have a go and see what the council says.

Great to be back at Glorious Goodwood with all the guys 'n' gals, and particularly to be competing in the same class as Matthew again. Just wish I could get closer to his times - that second run was brilliant 😶‍🌫️! I think I shall have to get Mel to feed him a lot more pies *tongue*!

Andrew

Yes very much agree - it was great to see everyone again after such a long closed season *wink* *wink* The competition was a strong as ever with a good sprinkling of new faces *thumbup*

Must mention Sandra, who put in a very good time even after the close encounter with the chicane tyres *eek* *eek*

In class 4 it was nice that 'the nipper' left us older gentlemen (and one lady) to play - even more interesting to see one of our class in full flow on those ZZR's *confused* *confused*

Looking forward to the Wales weekend, will it rain on one or both days 😬

Chris..... *wavey*

Some good and close competition in Class 1.

Good to see Ian Keene back in competition.

Congratulations to Paul Brown on his first class win *smile* ....I really thought I'd got it on the last run *mad*.

PaulB

Edited by - magister on 2 May 2011 08:49:52

• Area Representative

Really enjoyed the blat down with Prangerman to watch this, the weather was fantastic compared to what had been forecast earlier in the week.

I have quite a few photos of most of the sevens competing, most taken at the chicane so send me a blat mail if you want to see if I have one of you, reg no would help. Some are better than others as I am learning/experimenting with the camera settings.

Nick