Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham HPC 2.0 XE plus trailer (1992)

IanWatson

I am looking for a good home for my much-loved 1992 HPC - due to a double whammy of imminent third child and a recent business start-up.

edited to add: I'm after £13,995 for the car and trailer combined

I purchased this car two years ago via BlatChat classifieds from long-standing member Mick Burrell (original owner/builder). I have done just under 4000 miles in that period.

The car has been garage-stored throughout its life by me and the original owner.

I have all the original purchase/build documentation and invoice/delivery notes confirming HPC status.

Much to my shame I never took this car on a track. All the miles I've covered have been on the road - sunny day and weekend usage.

Standard 175 HP 2.0l Vauxhall on Weber 45

6 months tax

MOT due Sept 2011

Mileage currently 24100

The car drives brilliantly - bags of torque at any revs. The XE engines are pretty much bullet-proof, no head gasket concerns with these!

Trailer:

Brian James Minno with tie down straps, winch & HD jockey wheel

Car also comes with:

5x16" HPC wheels plus 4x13" Minilites with Yoko 032s

Leather adjustable seats

Standard windscreen plus Brooklands Aeroscreens on stanchion for easy change

Limited slip diff

FIA roll bar & strut

Heater and full weather equipment/tonneau

Under-car exhaust

Autocom communication set

Since I bought the car I've had the following work done.

Replaced original ECU with new MBE 9A4i 3D mappable ECU plus all new ignition components (Coil pack, leads, crank sensor, throttle position sensor) and MBE cut-down distributor kit (modern ECU with TPS provides much better part throttle response and economy compared to original 2D ECU)

Complete major service including water pump and cam belt change (7 Workshop)

Replaced lightweight Raceline Battery

4 x Hanook EVO 12 tyres on the 16" HPC wheels (about 250 miles ago).

In the last couple of weeks I've had the nose cone resprayed and the aluminium rear wing protectors replaced with nice shiny new ones.

Changed registration plate to K 20 HPC (previously K 7 LJB)

Photos are here http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/maturin23/Caterham/

Any additional questions please get in touch.

Edited by - IanWatson on 26 Apr 2011 15:14:37

Whoops - I'm after £13,995 for the car and trailer combined! Thanks Jerry.

This isn't a haggle-me-down starting price, it's seems to be a very reasonable price for a decent car/trailer package.

Yep, it is a shame, cost me well over a grand to track down the ECU problem and then source/fit the ECU and the various other bits that were required, and I'm not going to be covering my costs in the purchase price.

Wasn't quite the 'free' motoring I'd promised the wife, but it seems to be a weak point on cars this age, so should make it a little easier to sell.

Not keen on splitting the various bits and bobs at this point, Andy - we'll see how things pan out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...