Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Titan lsd

heavenly7

Well I thought you might be interested in my experience of the Titan LSD. I had heard good things but also heard the car would be twitchy on the road so with some trepidation this became the latest in a long list of changes.

Well the smile is still with me. The difference is stunning and the car feels and goes so much better. In short if it is something you have considered don't hesitate and it's perfect on the road.

Sounds very interesting. I am trying to establish if my R300® has an LSD. It was an option and the guy that I bought it from said it was fitted - but I am not sure. I have not had the opportunity to boot it and see if it leaves to black lines !

Where are Titan based ?

Had one of their first ones 2 years ago - fantastic

Titan diffs can be obtained at Road and Race Transmissions in Kent - phone 01959 525105 and ask for Phil

Easy to check if you have an open (standard) diff - jack car up (engine off and out of gear) and turn one rear wheel by hand. If it is open the other will rotate in the oposit direction with an LSD both wheels will rotate in the same direction.

Nick

Edited by - N Paul on 11 Apr 2011 23:17:05

• Area Representative

Quoting sforshaw: 
If it is open the other will rotate in the opposite direction
.... as it will if fitted with an AP Suretrac LSD.

Stu.

A Quaife ATB also acts like an open diff when you do this test.

Quoting heavenly7: 
The difference is stunning and the car feels and goes so much better. In short if it is something you have considered don't hesitate and it's perfect on the road.

Please elaborate. And what else was changed on the car?

Quoting sopris: 
Quoting heavenly7: 
The difference is stunning and the car feels and goes so much better. In short if it is something you have considered don't hesitate and it's perfect on the road.

Please elaborate. And what else was changed on the car?

As far as I know the Titan is a plate type LSD but its set by Titan to give a NONE SNATCH TYPE DRIVE EXPERIENCE

That is to say when exiting a corner and winding on the power the car will not suddenly snatch because the inside wheel is now loosing traction - it allows a certain amount of slippage But not so much you spin up the inside wheel on a tight corner IYSWIM

I have one on my 7 and it does give a very positive and confident driving experience - makes the rear end very sure footed

well it does on a CSR anywho - I like it 😬

Quoting sforshaw: 
Thats because a Quaif ATB is not a true LSD

But an AP Suretrac is.

Stu.

Umm, I would have said the Suretrac was a variant of a torque sensing diff just like the Quaife and they share the same flaw - when one wheel is off the ground it will spin away like mad and when it reconnects the shock loads will eventually cause gearbox damage. No probs on the road or for mild track use use but not for those that like to attack a circuit's kerbs.

Sophris

As the previous poster said the car is so much more sure footed and predictable and the standing start performance transformed.

Oh and 200 bhp thanks to dave, quick rack (another all time driving transformation), adjustable platforms, apollo, bgh reworked gear box ( probably the best spent money), lots of carbon (sad git), external thermostat (really has transformed engine temp stability), switches all moved off the dash and a few other minor mods.